As a parent, I’ve learned the hard way that it is essential to make sure you’ve packed everything you and your children need for your trip to the zoo. So, I’ve prepared a basic list list of the most common items you will need for your zoo trip. For your convenience, I’ve also made a Printable Zoo Checklist. Check each item off when it is packed or write N/A. There is space at the end for special items for your family. I hope you and your family have a great trip!
1. Tickets/Zoo Pass ___
2. Your personal itinerary ___
3. Zoo map ___
4. Baby items (if required): diaper bag ___ , diapers ___ , diaper wipes ___ , diaper rash cream ___ , diaper pad ___ , formula and/or nursing supplies ___ , baby food ___ , pacifiers ___ , toys ___ , stroller ___ , extra clothes ___ , other _______________ ___
5. Packed lunch or money for lunch ___
6. Lots of snacks ___
7. Water bottles for everyone ___
8. Umbrella/ other rain gear ___
9. First aid kit ___
10. Camera ___
11. Hats/visors ___
12. Natural sunscreen* ___
13. Natural bug spray* ___
14. Prescription medicines ___
15. Extra money for souvenirs and emergencies ___
16. Other ________________________ ___
17. Other ________________________ ___
Other Tips for your Successful Zoo Trip
If you haven’t already, check out my other article on 10 Tips for Taking your Family to the Zoo (and surviving!). If you are not sure where there is a zoo in your area, check out our Directory of Zoos in the United States.
*Lastly, I only recommend natural sunscreens and bug spray. Too many of the conventional brands contain poisons which are not good for your family or your habitat/planet.